c. God promises a way out

As noted before about temptation, God will provide a way out. I would never have been in that car if my friend had been falling down drunk. In fact, our mutual friend thought the driver was just kidding. (I don’t know if he believed it or tried to excuse him. I believe the former, because that is the least judgmental way. It gives him the benefit of the doubt. Saying he was trying to cover it up when there is no proof isn’t very Christian. However, the driver was the kind who would have said he was joking when I asked him in the car. And, he now admits it was the one time he did this.)

However, even though I hadn’t stepped out of that situation, God protected me. He knew I would learn from it if I felt just a little concern about it. As I said, it wans’t really dangerous. But, it could have been. If it is, the Spirit will tell you to get out, as long as you’re listening to God in your heart.

There are other important ways to avoid problems, though.